Its citrus season, time to repost the limoncello recipe. This is one of the most requested recipes I have ever posted. You guys know a good thing when you see it. Last year I switched it up and added rosemary. It was also amazing but you can leave it out if you like.
You can use any clean glass bottle, even the original vodka bottle as long as its glass. Cost Plus has some nice bottles with the swing top that also work well.
Please make and enjoy...
One bunch rosemary sprig
1 bottle of vodka, I use Monopolowa from Trader Joe's it a great vodka for the price.
1/2 cups sugar
1. Juice lemons, strain and set aside.
2. Put rosemary in your jar.
2. In a saucepan, bring 1 cup water and 1 cup lemon juice to a boil and add sugar. Cook, stirring, until sugar has dissolved. Let sugar syrup cool to room temperature. Add to jar.
3. Add syrup and remaining vodka to jar, seal container. Let sit in a cool, dark place for about 2 months. I put it on the calendar so I don't forget.
5. Serve chilled or over ice. So good.