recipe adapted a bit from Sunset magazine...
Photo: Jeffery Cross; Styling: Randy Mon
- For the pesto I used this recipe for Arugula Pesto.
- SALAD and pizzas- I used different ingredients because I used what was on hand. This is the original list, you can adapt from here.
- 1/2 cup slivered red onion
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 naan breads (3 oz. each)
- 3/4 pound Italian turkey sausages, casings removed
- 1/4 cup diced roasted red peppers
- 8 pitted kalamata olives, quartered
- 3/4 cup manchego cheese shaved with a vegetable peeler
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Preparation1. Make pesto
2. Start salad: Combine onion, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a bowl; set aside.
3. Make pizza: Put naan on baking sheet; bake until lightly toasted, about 5 minutes. Brown sausage in a large nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat, breaking into chunks, 8 to 10 minutes. Spread naan with pesto, then arrange sausage, peppers, olives, and a layer of manchego on top.
4. Bake until cheese softens, 8 minutes. Add arugula and oil to vinegar mixture. Toss to coat; arrange over pizzas.
It was really good and plenty to eat for the 2 of us. Serve with a small salad and its a great dinner. Enjoy!